PiNG:05:28:16 > DRONE DAY TiME-SHiFT iNTO THE EVENiNG

PiNG:05:28:16 . THE PiNG + Weird Canada present dreamSTATE
+ NORTHUMBRIA + GENERAL CHAOS VISUALS as part of
Weird Canada's National Drone Day
@ Ratio . 283 College Street . Toronto ON Canada . south side
    of College, west of Spadina . Map, info + directions at:
    https://www.facebook.com/RatioSpace
    Saturday May 28th, 2016 . 7:30PM . 1st set at 8:30 . FREE

Please note that we've moved our National Drone Day concert
from the afternoon to the EVENiNG!

THE AMBiENT PiNG salutes Weird Canada's National Drone Day
with their 3rd annual Drone Day presentation, but this year it's
a TWiLiGHT EVENiNG DRONE - a free, all-ages concert to
close out your Drone Day celebrations.

7:30PM - We'll tune into the stream from Halifax's Khyber Centre
for the Arts where Robert Drisdelle will be creating a live-megamix
of Drone Day events as they happen right across the country.
(We'll check back in between and after our sets too.)
https://www.facebook.com/events/278837259125752/

8:00PM - dreamSTATE's Ephemeral City App will take over
the drone duties to lay a foundation for dreamSTATE's set.
http://appstore.com/dreamstateephemeralcity

8:30PM - Deep soundscapers dreamSTATE (Scott M2 &
Jamie Todd) launch their new Ephemeral Drone live-system:
twisting and turning, destroying and rebuilding the
Ephemeral City soundstream.  http://www.dreamSTATE.to

10:00PM - Northumbria (former Holoscene members Jim Field
and Dorian Williamson) use only bass and guitar to create a
mighty wall of improvised drones that take the listener on a
sonic journey through a dystopian landscape. On this night,
dreamSTATE will join forces with Northumbria for the
beginning of their journey into the unmapped.
http://northumbria.bandcamp.com/

Throughout the evening, General Chaos Visuals will blend their
swirling, hand painted transparencies, as they tend to their
analog projectors.  http://www.generalchaosvisuals.ca

If you can't make it to Ratio you can still tune in as we'll be
live streaming the audio of our Drone Day show beginning
at 8:00PM ET on Saturday May 28th at http://mixlr.com/urm

COMiNG SOON:

. TUESDAY JUNE 14th 2016 . PiNG:06:14:16 The PiNG
presents SEVA + DIRTY INPUTS + GENERAL CHAOS VISUALS
@ Ratio . 283 College Street . Toronto ON Canada . south side
    of College west of Spadina . Map, info + directions at:
    https://www.facebook.com/RatioSpace
    PiNG doors open at 8pm . 1st set at 9:00 . $8-10

THE AMBiENT PiNG is a Toronto based creative community of
audio artists, performers, musicians and visual artists. The PiNG
presents live multimedia performances featuring ambient, electronic,
soundscape, space, drone, psychedelic, chillout, downtempo,
darkwave and experimental artists from around the world.
http://www.theambientping.com

The PiNG also has a Twitter account to send you advance updates
and reminders of the when & where of future PiNG events.
Just search for ambientping to find us. http://twitter.com

We're on facebook too:
https://www.facebook.com/The-AMBiENT-PiNG-207688729241637
or Search for THE AMBiENT PiNG: http://www.facebook.com

ViSiT the ping things store for ambient, electronic and chill things:
http://www.pingthings.com

Viners and Instagrammers - Scott has set up a Vine page
for THE AMBiENT PiNG and a hashtag for #ambientping
that can be used on Instagram and Vine to help document
PiNG performances with your photos, videos and loops!

Subscribe to the PiNG/URM Mixlr page: http://mixlr.com/urm
for LiVE audio streaming from the studio and in club
performances featuring THE AMBiENT PiNG community
including URM, dreamSTATE and guests.

Please forward this e-mail to any interested friends or
appropriate newsgroups. Thanks.