Echoplex displays "MIDI "(error?) message...

Hi, sometimes my EDP (LoopIV) display reads "MIDI", is that an error message or what!? I control my Echoplex via midi with Ableton to automate record/stop/mute etc. functions, and it is connected with midi in only (I don't use echoplex's midi out, for now)... any advice?! I can't figure out what this means and why it happens, and it seems I can't do anything but turn it off and on, then it works OK again.... I'm reading the manual but I can't find anything about this! please help! Fabio