Re: Electrix Repeater

I’m not a hardware guy but how hard would it be to build one of these?  You’ve got line voltage on one end and you have to convert that to one or more specific dc voltages on the other end.  The transformers they happened to use are not available, but surely something equivalent can be built.   Transformers still exist, I don’t know what regulation he is referring to but it probably has something to do with efficiency.  It may not be particularly cheap or pretty but it isn’t rocket science.  I’m kind of surprised Condor hasn’t made a little industry out of it, but the demand may not be high enough.

From: Joe Gushen <joegushen@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 4:46 PM
To: "Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com" <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Subject: Re: Electrix Repeater

Please let me know if anyone is interested in selling their Electrix! Thanks

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 5:41 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com> wrote:

Wow, never realised what a faff the PSU for repeater is... Ill probe it next time im in the same room and see what its puts out... cant be hard to get one... but "that "plug... cant be hard to swap that for something more friendly right? Or dont have a plug...just wire up the mother fucker... jees.. no excuse... hands up whos never soldered a jack cable?