Re: Mobius query

Hi Jon

Not sure how much I can help here, since although I use Mobius, I don't use the FCB1010, or Live, but I seem to recall discussions on the currently defunct forums, about MIDI issues with Live, surrounding whether you're controlling Mobius via Live, or directly (which I think is the preferred method).

Is the issue happening only when you're using mobius as a plug-in, or does it happen standalone too? Your description of the Live display freezing too suggests it might be a Live/Mobius issue, though I experience UI freezes with mobius vst within bidule, which is 99.9% reliable, though still-present bugs in mobius do cause problems sometimes; multiplying is one function that can cause UI freezes. So is over-enthusiastic MIDI free-improvisation :)

I don't know if you use any sync at all, but even without switch quantization enabled, or external sync etc, I sometimes find mobius waiting for the end of a loop to act on a record/multiply/mute etc command - it's simply some interpretation mobius has of the situation thinking it should be a 'quantized' midi action. Often it's when I've reset tr1 for some reason (that's my only sync source), and it switches allegiance to some other track.

Since your OS is pretty up-to-date, & I guess your Live is too, (though Live 9, I believe, stopped supporting 32 bit plug-ins - could this be relevant?), I'm guessing any help at 'zonemobius' will be past its use-by date :(

The documentation is my best advice, but of course this is also incomplete, so the user-base knowledge is invaluable. Hopefully a mobius/live user is already at his/her keyboard as I hit 'send'.....

Dave Draper