Latin, and roots

AH! Sometimes, these "off-topic" subjects are just exhilarating!
A little Latin lessons is always good and fun (well probabaly the only
time it was any fun for me).

By the way, I got an idea: I was listening to an old piece of music wich
is " marche pour la ceremeonie des turcs" from Jean Baptiste Lully (it is
a late XVIIth century composer who was the "maitre d'ouuvre" of all the
french music under the reign of Louis XIV). This piece is a long
orchestrated phrase that repeat itself, and grow in intensity, even though
the player don't play really louder. That could be somekind of an ancestor
to repetitive, or minimalistic music that lead to specific looping process
we use quite daily. What do you al think starting a whole thing about the
roots of looping?

By the way I'm quite surprised noone talked about Michael Brook...
He did numerous interesting things, and I saw him first as asupporting act
for the Sylvian/Fripp tour where he played alone with loops.....

Olivier