More on polyrhythms

As has been mentioned here before, the Vortex has two independent delays,
which are programmed as subdivisions of a basic pulse rather than in
terms of milliseconds.  Each delay can be subdivided from 1 to 64, which
lends itself to all sorts of wierd polyrhythmic possibilities.  (At last
I can cop those chart-topping 17 against 33 polyrhythms.  Get Glen
Ballard on the phone now!)

The one drawback is that the maximum delay time on the Tex is less than
two seconds, meaning that the higher-increment values tend to be less
discernible as much more than a slap-back type of effect.

One interesting applcation I've found is setting up a loop and then
altering the tap tempo subdivisions while the loops is spinning.  It chops
the loop in all sorts of interesting ways, and sets up numerous
polyrythmic/odd metered possibilities.

Ciao,

--Andre