Re: Analog Echoplex

On Thu, 17 Oct 1996 Paulpop@ssnet.com wrote:

> Digital is always a compromise sonically.  You will never find the
>lushness
> of tape echo coming out of an Echoplex.

Unfortunately, we won't find the flexibility and reliability of
digital coming out of a tape echo, either.  I gotta say I *hate* the
cold, lifeless sound of most digital processors.  Even the excellent
Lexicon stuff hurts my dynamic range and detail.  I have my Vortex, my
JamMan, and my old DeltaLabs Echotron (which I'm rapidly learning to
love), and I would be VERY hesitant to add anything else digital to to
my signal chain without really fine sound and a lot of functionality.

I still spend most of my time with just an acoustic guitar.  Still, I
can loop it in a way, using rhythmic drone strings for texture.

-dave

By "beauty," I mean that which seems complete.
Obversely, that the incomplete, or the mutilated, is the ugly.
Venus De Milo.
To a child she is ugly.
   -Charles Fort              dstagner@icarus.net