Re: exchanging ideas/PROPOSAL

At 04:58 PM 10/18/96 -0700, Dan wrote:
>hi folks,
>

><><><><><><><><><
>at this point i'd like to propose the following opportunities:
>
>a similar survey to looperdom involving our thoughts/methods, personal
>feelings, etc. on looping/playing/music/life/theuniverse/everything.
>
>inclusion of sound files (DISK SPACE IS NOT A LIMITATION or so i've been
>told - i can't imagine what they'll say if i show up with 30 megs of
>.wavs) for general appreciation.
>
>anything else anyone would like to do... i've access to the U of A's
>multi-quadrillion dollar media arts lab (not that i know how to use the
>stuff, but that i could probably do lots of neat tricks)
>
>the big thing i'd like to keep in mind is that i've got a lot of disk
>space available. i can easily harbor sound files of loop work.
>
>let me know if anyone has ideas, advancements, etc. thanks.

>**  Dan Howarth, History/Music, University of Arizona, Tucson **
>**  http://www.u.arizona.edu/~howarth (under construction)    **

hey, this would solve the problem of placing audio files on the Looper's
Delight page! I've got 20MB there, which can be expanded for $. That can
hold a reasonable amount of audio data, but maybe not enough to have a good
representation of everybody who would like to have their music on it. But
maybe another idea would be to have links from people's bio's on the LD
site
to the actual sound files on your site. Would that work? You could maybe
help out the less digitally enabled to get their audio into a more netable
form.

kim
Kim Flint                       408-752-9284
OEM Engineering                 kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research