Re: Meat Beat

>I got Meat Beat Manifesto's latest album - Subliminal Sandwich - the other
>day. Its really quite good; I'm sitting here grooving away to it now, so I
>thought I'd recommend it to y'all. It's sort of in the ambient-techno
>vein,
>with lots of other stuff thrown in. Bits of dub, hip-hop, trip-hop,
>industrial, techno, and good old rock and funk. Killer loops happenin' all
>through it. Its a double cd, cost you about $18, and worth every cent.

I second that recommendation. "Nothing", the all-instrumental 2nd disc of
the set is one of my current favorites.

>Jack Dangers (who is meat beat) is a jamman user, by the way. Several
>tracks even have Theremin!!!!

Yeah, They had a theremin onstage when I saw them. I actually thought they
overused it a bit, but, hey, if I had one, I'd probably overuse it myself.
Didn't see a jamman in Danger's rack, but there was an eventide that he was
using for live processing on the rest of the band.

Dave Trenkel, NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: improv@peak.org
self promotional web-site: http://www.peak.org/~improv/
"A squid eating dough in a polyethelene bag is fast
and bulbous, got me?"
                                     -Captain Beefheart