Re: BRACE YOURSELVES!!!

Andre wrote:

>The idea is this: To try and stage some sort of live gathering of loop
>artists.

Excellent idea!  Count me in!  I'm in the LA area, and also willing to
drive.  It would be fun to get together in any venue: someone's house,
warehouse, college campus, random field or ampitheater, etc....

I would have liked to have seen your recital.  This idea would give some of
us [loopists] a chance to see (and hear) what others are doing.  I remember
Matthias said something about music being a ritual act, thus, there is
something lost in the recording.  I feel this way too (although I also love
recordings!)  My favorite aspect of looping devices is that they have
allowed me to capture (and feedback into) my performance.  And it seems
that Matthias designed the Echoplex DP to be performance-oriented, ie. to
remove the obstacles of a standard recording format.  A CD or tape is a
good way to get an idea of what others are doing (and I like the idea of
going ahead with a compilation mix)...but there' s nothing like a LIVE
performance!

My preferences are:
date:  any time after Nov. 22
place:  anywhere between SanDiego and SanFrancisco

- chris

Chris Chovit
cho@gomez.jpl.nasa.gov