Re: new standard tuning

Thanks, Michael for: about Fripp's "New Standard Tuning":

>I had this musical crisis years ago when I was simply fed up with what I
>played. I really couldn't help but notice that my playing repeated itself,
>that I used other guitarists' phrases and chords, and I got bored to the
>point of almost giving up the guitar altogether.

I had that in '84, after a Hendrix phase, I took a one year break and then
restarted (with the same tuning) with Loop carpets (no rythm, no melody at
the beginning).
Maybe its typical for an artist to first learn what others did, then get
bored with it and then in a critical phase his personal music comes
through.
Maybe several such "pealings" are possible?
A lot of professional musicians though I admire because they play anything
brilliantely, but nothing of their own.

So now, I keep repeating myself and simply like it... :-)

Matthias