re:Oberheim support change?

Bret said:
>You echoplex users may be interested in what just occurred with me and
>Oberheim.
>

>Then today I received a call from Kevin Philbin in Nashville with Oberheim
>Sales and Service.  He says he was forwarded my Email asking what was
>going on (Subject:  Is there anybody out there?).  I had also stated my
>frustration when I got no response for 2 weeks.  He gave me his extension,
>and said that  now if you call the Oberheim for support it will ring at
>his desk.  I do have his extension:  1-800-444-2766 ext. 651.  His Email
>is k.philbin@gibson.com
>
>I don't know exactly what changed in how they are doing Oberheim customer
>support, but they are appearing more responsive than they were in my
>previous encounters.  It is nice to be able to call the guys desk, instead
>of only reaching an answering service.

I think this is a much better way to get customer support on Oberheim
products. It's the way support is set up to work at Gibson. If you call the
customer support people you get trained support professionals, who actually
care about your problem and will work with you to fix it. If you call
Oberheim, you get people concerned about whether parts are coming in on
time, or the accounting, or whether a shipment is boxed up for the ups
truck. Not only is your problem way down their list of priorities (because
its someone else's job), they probably don't know the answer anyway. Its
not that they don't care, they just don't have time for it.

>Is there a service manual for the Echoplex?

Sadly, we never made one. G-wiz was in start-up mode at the time, and
documentation was not one of our stong points....

Techs at Oberheim may have made something at some point, but I never heard
about it.