Re: Jam Man Odd Time / Plexs MIDI

Ed sed:
>I've read the posts about syncing via MIDI clock etc. Let me elaborate
>more
>clearly about what I meant. I'm assuming like the Jam Man you can send
>MIDI
>program change messages to the Echoplex to control all of the functions
>you
>access from the foot pedal (Tap) and maybe even some of the front panel
>functions you can't access from the pedal

All front keys are controllable by MIDI or hardware pedal.
Program change only will work in the upgrade. The main reason is that many
Plex functions are based on holding the key, which is not possible with
program change. We are figuring out a sceme where you can access these long
press functions with additional program numbers. So to do all, you might
end up with about 15 keys...

>( Cue Loops,etc.)

What do you mean?

>If I can use a MIDI controller like Digital
>Music's Ground Control or MIDI Midigator by Lake Butler to control from
>one
>central location it would be nice. I could maybe save a few bucks too by
>not having to buy the footswitch!

Good way to go. I do not know about Digital Music's Ground Control, but
Midigator can send control changes, so you can have all functions even with
the present version of the Plex.
Most people do not like the keys of the Oberheim pedal board. I do not use
it either.

Matthias