Re: Acoustic Loopers?

>At 3:05 PM 12/8/96, Greg & Sandee West wrote:
>>Hi fellow loopers,
>>
>>I really enjoy all the technical experience reflected here and the wide
>>variety of looping done in various musical contexts.  Are there any
>>dedicated acoustic guitar loopers out there?  I'd like to hear your
>ideas.
>
>I'm not, but when I've talked to a lot of Echoplex users who were acoustic
>guitar soloists. Looping seems to be a great fit for that. I know there
>are
>a few acoustic loopers on the list, I'm sure they'll speak up. I was
>actually quite surprised by how many acoustic players got into it. I would
>say they made up one of the largest categories of echoplex owners.

Thats what I experienced. When I started the LOOP POOL CD project last
year, I got 4 tapes, 3 of them from acoustic (one nylon) guitar players.
The work is very different from electric carpets. The music sounds rather
"normal", like 2 or three guitar players. One piece is a flamenco where
just the taping on the guitar top is looped.

Matthias