Re: On-guitar control?

>I would like to help, but my Vortex is still with Chris :-/
>So, what do you mean by ac/dc separaton and CC input?

I mean separating the guitar signal (AC component) from the pot contolling
the expression pedal input (DC).  By CC I mean the Continuous Controller,
or expression pedal, input.

>>I don't have a Vortex, and my guess on the ac/dc separation might be way
>>off, but...
>>would it be possible to wire a guitar signal to a stereo plug, with the
>>other tap driving the 'tex CC input?  Could the signals be separtated by
>>capacitor,
>>eg
>
>I suppose the control signal is dc. You may put a cap to ground to keep
>the
>line slow and thus prevent it from sending clicks into the parallel line
>with the sound.
>Why did you put the serial cap?

In case the fact that you're setting the guitar input to the same voltage
as one of the expression pedal terminals causes problems.  I  guess they're
probably buffered so there wouldn't be a problem.  But my electronics
knowledge is about 7 years out of date, so this may all be bull.

>>pickups, vol etc           stereo                 to amp in
>>spare pot                               |

Dr Michael Pycraft Hughes      Bioelectronic Research Centre, Rankine Bldg,
Tel: (+44) 141 330 5979        University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, U.K.
        "Everything in moderation, including moderation" (Zen Proverb)