Torn article ie beyond Fripp

>>andre: i hope i didn't cut yer hose w/my letter; i just felt a wee bit
>>misunderstood, there; never having been an idolater of bobby fripp, every
>>once in a while i get tired of hearing his name being *equated* w/the
>art of
>>looping, ya dig? s'pose it's a tad "small" of me, but.....

>The problem here is that Fripp has produced a lot of live looping
>material,
>ie "here's a looper and a bunch of FX and a guitar, and here's what you
>can
>do with them in your own home/ at the pub/etc."  So it becomes a standard
>because it's what most of the people on this list do.  For example, I
>gather WMS,T is de/reconstructed loops - something that most of us aren't
>really in a position to do, so it's difficult to take as a benchmark.  Now
>if a live, solo DT album were to be released (SUBTLE HINT HERE, DAVID)
>then
>it would be something that related to us more as "live" loopers.  A recent
>debate in these virtual pages talked about going "beyond Fripp", but only
>in the sense that his looping methodology is the one we're all familiar
>with.

>"Bobby" Fripp.  Heh heh heh...

>Michael

Sept 96 issue of Guitar player has David Torn revealing his secrets for
looping for those of you wishing to go "Beyond Fripp".  I very inspiring
article.

Unfortunately they put the "Space Rock" article on the web instead of
the
Torn article, so'll you have to visit your library or borrow a friend's
mag.

see below for issue details:

http://www.enews.com/magazines/guitar_player/archive/960901-001-toc.html

If this has already been mentioned, sorry but I've only been on the list
a month or so

see ya
John