Loopers-Delight-d Digest V97 #7

Message text written by INTERNET:Loopers-Delight-d-request@annihilist.com
>fact his actual frippertronics system is based directly on that of
minimalist composer-terry riley.<

Er, I believe it was "based" on the system that Brian Eno came over
one day and *gave* to him. From what I've read, Eno and Riley
quite independently of each other came up with similar systems
around the same time. As much as a lot of us would like to point
to any one person and say "No, THIS person was the one who
REALLY started it", I agree with the wiser folks who have noted
that looping is something that developed of its own accord, through
quite a few different people and different methods, perhaps as
a product of the musical and historical context.

Just my 2c.
jj