Re: Anti-MIDI looping

> >All my gear is pre-midi, I'm still using CV/gate, triggers, 24p clocks
>and
> >FSK code.
>
> Being a guitar player, I only use gear designed in the past 5 years or
>more
> than 40 years ago. I can't relate to technologies from the 70's, so I
>don't
> know what you're talking about here. :-)

Well I do know what you're talking about (I use all that stuff too) but
I'm not sure what you mean.

:)

I use my echoplex live and just push the buttons on the front to get it
to do what I want. Are you trying to sync it to something or just have it
"play along"? I don't use any midi but I have three drum machines, a slew
of processors and a couple cv/gate synths running. I have a submixer
going into the echoplex and capture bits of the drums, do live tape loops
with the EP by feeding it stuff form a cassette player live, and so on.
It fits in rather nicely (we have one of the old 70's echoplexes as well)
with all the other gear. I'd say it's a good tool for messing with the old
stuff. I guess I should point out I don't want my tape loops synced to
the beats as they are mostly vocals or spoken word tapes and I mess with
them live a lot.

> The plex can sync to pulses, using the BeatSync input. Does that help?

My main clock is the standard Roland 24 PPQ Dinsync but I also have a
divider running out from a CR8000 drum machine spitting out 24PPQ on a
1/4" jack (this triggers the gate on the synths) I've never tried
triggering the EP from this although it *may* work. From what I gathered
in the manual the Brothersync input was totally proprietary so I never
looked to getting it "sync'd other ways. I didn't even know there was a
"beat sync" input. really? I gotta get from behind my synths sometime and
see what's going on in the rack more often. If this is what I think it
may be it could proabbly take a +5  gate trigger from on of the old
CV/gate sequencers or analogue synths.

Hmmm, it might be worth a try...

--------
Help Wanted Productions - Bringing you the best in organic electronic and
sweaty rock music since we started.  Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion

Available next month: "The Feedback Machine" a new studio album
from the Music for Isolation Tanks live lineup. Only $6.00 postpaid!