Go beyond?

Eventually (the topic is not new) I came across the little idea following.
Matthias, I think, although you changed it to "besides" I think, that
theword "Beyond" was perfectly chosen.
At first I mistook the sense like almost everyone here. But In fact we
have to go beyond -yes- not Fripp, or anyone (I have a strong reoccuring
problem with Allan Holdsworth) just because we have to go  beyond the part
of these people work wwe have internalised (oh, again does it exist, an I
making myself clear?). In a way It has nothing to see with those artists,
it is just a problem between ourselves and... ourselves!

Olivier Malhomme