Re: Starting again

>T.W. Hartnett wrote:
>>
>> >Well, I have a day job.  My livelihood does not depend on making music.
>> >There is no other driving force for me to make music other than
>> >the passion for doing so.
>

>Actually, I think having a day job afforts the ultimate in artistic
>freedom, if you care about these thing.  I don't need other people to
>like my work- all I have to do is like it.  No record contract worries,
>don't have the get multiple piercings, whatever.
>
>Plus it helps that my day job is pretty cool too.
>

>Trev

The problem with all of this is *time*.  And I wonder how long a
job can stay "cool" if you're primarily interest is *making* music.
I do work (software development) in a university research environment
that many would find interesting and with lots of freedom.  But over
time, I find myself wanting to be doing music when I wake up in the
morning.  It's not easy to strike that balance, I find.

Mickey