Re: music just for musicians?

Michael writes:

>Speaking of which, how _do_ you pronounce Leni?  I read an interview with
>her, after which I was none the wiser...

She hereslf (in her inimitable German accent) says "leeeni" whereas most
people
say "laney". Me, I use "leeeni" cuz that's what she says. How would that
sound
with a Scottish accent?

>....and I'm sure they all bought JamMen!    :)

Many did. Some did not. Some are still waiting for that glorius
"all-in-one box"
cuz they can't lug around a rack full of processors.

>NY....  I think I've heard of that somewhere... oh, yes, Patrick Eggle
>Guitars named a model after it I think...  :b

It's kinda like "Boston's been cancelled. But I wouldn't worry about it,
it's
not a big college town."

>I know that NY is pretty damn important as cities go, but to put it in
>persective consider the phrase "real musician's musician in
>LA/London/Paris", all of which hover about the 2/3x smaller than NY.  If a
>box needs to sell globally it needs to be recognised by people not
>familiar
>witn the NY jazz scene, or even the jazz scene in toto (No, not Steve
>Lukather) which may/may not add up to the same thing.

Yeah, LUKE! That's they guy we need. (Actually, our LA guys talked to him
and he
apparently babbled incoherently for a while, and they discontinued
persuit...)

>Yeah, but we're the real creative ones!  :)
>I'd wager that whilst, by definition, loopers are creative types to a
>large
>degree, the average creativity (and even intelligence) on alt.gitar, is
>considerably lower.  And that's still among computer-literate college
>kids.

Right, but if you don't even get the obvious target audience first, then
you're
really in trouble...