Re: delta-lab echotron

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997,  wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anybody know how to hack an ADM4096 to add more memory or
> features? (or know a technician that could?) I opened it up and
> it looks like its using 16 chips soldered into the board for its
> current 4 sec delay time (chips say "MOSTEK 8328 MK4564N-20").

I'd be VERY leery of trying such an operation.  Old equipment like the
Echotron is generally a one-off affair, and not meant to be upgraded.
Unless you have some explicit reason for wanting to upgrade the
Echotron (like its user interface, or superior sound quality), I'd say
spend your money on a JamMan or some other long delay instead.  Toying
with the innards of the Echotron may well destroy it, since it
probably has a number of static-sensitive MOSFET digital circuits.

> Is Deltalab still in business? if so does anyone have their number?

Nope, they went out of business many years ago.  Your Echotron is a
genuine vintage device now.  Enjoy it... I have one myself, and I
prefer its sound over supposedly higher-fidelity modern devices.

-dave

By "beauty," I mean that which seems complete.
Obversely, that the incomplete, or the mutilated, is the ugly.
Venus De Milo.
To a child she is ugly.       /* dstagner@icarus.net */
   -Charles Fort