Re: Soundbytes on a Website

Mark Kata wrote:

> I know this is off topic, but I've learned many useful things from my
>fellow loopers.
>
> I'm developing a website for a singer/songwriter and want to include
>brief (30 second) samples of his songs.
>
> I used the internal recorder in my PC while playing his CD on it.  When
>I recorded an excerpt at "CD quality--mono" the file was 1.6MEG.  Then I
>tried recording it at "Radio quality--mono" and the file was 700K.
>
> The 700K version took about 5 minutes to download from the Internet.
>
> What should I do to reduce the size of the file and make downloading
>faster?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark Kata
> Mark@asisoftware.com

- yo!

- sounds like you're ready for Shockwave Streaming Audio! (from
Macromedia)

- you can hear my band, Marshall Arts, using Shockwave Streaming Audio
(a six and a half minute complete selection from our c.d. that loads and
starts playing in under 10 seconds).

             http://www.fredmarshall.com/

- millions (seriously) of people have downloaded the software to hear
this (free), and  hundreds of thousands of sites are "Shocked", so it
seems to be the developing "standard".

- for information go to the macromedia.com site, and for unusual and
original requirements you might try      buzz@macromedia.com    (he's
the backstage brains behind this miracle).

mmmmmmm