Re: looped music and the Web

At 04:06 PM 4/24/97 -0700, you wrote:

>The reason one doesn't see any looped material is that browsers don't
>really 'loop'.  The main problem with utilizing the inboard feature of

Check out the Beatnik plugin from Headspace. (www.headspace.com) It's a
ridiculously cool audio widget that should be a must-have for everyone. It
handles looping just fine, even allowing multiple files and midi to play at
once. It also handles interactive audio very well. I went to several
demonstration sites that essentially let you compose/arrange on the fly.

For those that don't know, Headspace was founded by Thomas Dolby. (the
blinded me with science guy). A friend and former coworker of mine is VP of
engineering there, and since he has a pair of echoplexes in his guitar
rack,
that might explain the solid looping functionality in Beatnik.

kim
Kim Flint                       408-752-9284
VLSI Systems Engineering        kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research