Re: multi-track recording to pc

Digidesign Session 8?

<< Subj:        multi-track recording to pc
 Date:  97-05-08 00:17:08 EDT
 From:  kflint@chromatic.com (Kim Flint)
 To:    Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com

 A coworker was just asking me a question that some of you may know the
 answer to. He wants to do multi-track live recording direct to hard disk
on
 a pc. (not a mac) He would prefer to have all the a/d conversion done
 externally with a digital link to the pc. He needs at least 8 tracks
 simultaneously, preferably more, so he can mic his drum set and have some
 tracks left for other instruments. Does anyone know a way to do this? Is
 there a pro tools equivalent for the PC? External A/D boxes with
connections
 to a pci card? Anything?

 This is pretty off topic, so feel free to email me directly.

 thanks,

 kim
 Kim Flint                      408-752-9284
 VLSI Systems Engineering        kflint@chromatic.com
 Chromatic Research