RE: Sitar-like effect, by accident

>Also still an interesting device: the good old screwdriver. I've been
>using
>my screwdriver for many years now.

How about a Bleistift (graphite pen?) with a rubber piece at the end?
It alows very quick and soft percussion sounds, somewhat reminding of the
"Zither" or "Hackbrett", those stringed boards, played with two hammers.
I know its a trivial thing, but I have never seen anyone doing it and liked
it when I discovered it - on the accoustic guitar, actually.

Matthias