Re: Zoom 508 delay vs. Steinway pianos vs. Klein guitars

>Interesting point... I was just thinking of the Vortex interface in
>terms of hardware, software, and sonics.
>
>Sonically, the Vortex is most effective in the studio.  Its subtleties
>are often lost live.  But it is also missing midi, the most basic
>studio interface.  I keep my patches in a notebook, not on a computer!
>Worse still, the footpedal interface makes it a pain to advance
>through programs in a structured live setting.
>
>It's a wonderfully cool device, but can you imagine it with midi?

Can you imagine it listing for $649?
No one was willing to buy the Vortex until the price dropped to fire sale
levels, and I don't the lack of MIDI was the deciding factor.  Try
explaining why it's so cool to a civilian, they just don't get it.

Travis
(Vortex owner)