Re: Dork has more to say

In a message dated 03/06/97  4:39:418:23, you write:

<< Greetings say I, named Boris or Jay

      I've got a Fender Musicmaster Bass amp, a 12 watt tube amp from
1978.
      She sounds decent, but she makes a CRAPLOAD of noise.

      Any of you techno-smart loopin folks know any ways I could quiet her
      down? >>
  The first thing to try is to wiggle the valves a bit, assuming that by
noise you mean
hum. Then you could try removing the valves one at a time,  and spraying
some
switch cleaner on the contacts.
 After that it either gets pricey( new valves might do it), or technical.
 But as someone else on the list said, make sure it's the amp thats at
fault.

                                                            Andy Butler