Re: Vortex delay ducking/Unique?

><<the Vortex's delay ducking function with loops>>
>Thanks for the ideas on other boxes with delay ducking...but I wonder if
>"standard" ducking delays will work with infinite (or near-inf) feedback
>the
>way it works in the Vortex/Fractal algo., i.e, new input to the loop
>erases
>old, rather than adding to it?

I think my intellifex just turns the delay output down when there is an
input signal. Takes the muddiness out while still giving a nice delay at
the end of the phrase. Probably not as interesting as the vortex, but
useful anyway.

>Don't suppose the plex has anything like this?

The echoplex has the replace function. While you've got replace held down,
it replaces the loop with whatever input you've got going. As soon as you
let it go it stops the replace. It's not quite the same as you describe
with the vortex, but I think you could get a similar effect. It's a great
way to make really mutated loops. I like to do things like loop a sustained
chord, and then tap replace while holding a different chord. The loop gets
interesting rhythmic blips in it, with the instant chord changes at the
replace boundary. Another thing I like is to create rhythm with silence. By
that I mean creating a dense "sound carpet" loop, and tapping replace in
some rhythmic way with no input. The holes in the sound become the
rhythm....

>(the more I get into the Vortex, the more I wish IT could get upgraded
>memory!...what a shame the world was looking elsewhere at the time--and
>that
>you gotta depend on 10,000 other people to want what you want to get it!)
>Thanks, dpc

If lexicon were smart, they would license it to a smaller manufacturer who
wouldn't mind the low volume and give it more attention. Big "if", I
guess......it took them a long time just to put up a web page, they might
never get on the intellectual property bandwagon....

kim