more recommended listening...

I'm glad to see the recent posts concerning favorite loopish music.
The following are some of my dated, but sincere choices of  mostly
ambient listenings, featuring repetitive or textural motifs of note
1. Walter-Wendy Carlos/ Sonic Seasonings--- 1972 Columbia
     Four sides(seasons) of vinyl virtuality via electronic tweakings.
2.  Henry Wolff & Nancy Hennings/ Tibetan Bells-----1973 Antilles
      The true ringing in ones ears, if one could hear it.
3.  Philip Glass/ Music in Twelve Parts Parts 1&2----1974 Virgin
      IMHO...the best Glass. Saw him with ensemble live in 1980
      in a small room at the Cincinnatti Museum of Contemporary
      Art...loud and proud minimalism it  was.
4.   Neil Ardley/ Kaleidoscope of Rainbows---1976  Gull
      Actually about as ambient as Sketches of Spain, but to me more
      like a quasi-big band minimalistic excursion, worth the listen.
5.   Jan Garabek/Dis----1977 ECM
       Ralph Towner and a beautiful Aeolian harp help make this a one
       of a kind collection of pieces.
6.   Steve Hillage/ Rainbow Dome Musick---1979 Virgin
       Although mentioned on the list recently, this recording warrants
       further acknowedgement for its pioneering vision and tonality.
7.   Gavin Bryars/ Hommages---1981 Les Disques du Crepuscle
       With the exception of the short piece that ends side one, this is
       wonderfully delicate recording with an acoustic ambience that is
       not often heard.
8.    Brian Eno/ Ambient 4 On Land-----1982 EG
        A collection of almost organicly industrial atmospheres not
unlike
        urban landscapes at 3 in the morning.
9.    Brian Eno/ Thursday Afternoon---1985 EG
         A single 61 minute work that defines certain aspects of modern
         ambient music better than any other work I've ever heard.
10.   Scott Johnson/ John Somebody-----1985 Nonsuch?
          O.K. so again it's not ambient , but the looping and playing
here
          is solidly ahead of the overall curve of music utilizing
signal
          regeneration as a tool in composition.

          In addition to these there are a lot of individual tracks from
          various other recordings that I'll have to compile later, but
          that's enough of me for now, hope you get a chance to hear
          some of the above selections. Loop on........

   Bryan Helm

            "You couldn't tune a kazoo, Servo!"
                                          Crow T. Robot