who puts together all those recommendations?

Wow, so many interesting music recommendations. (My record dealer is
already salivating thinking of my money.) I think all those listening
recommendations should somehow be saved, collected, and included on our
loopology webpage. But ... I don't have the time to do the collecting. Any
volunteers? I could, as usual, do the formatting.

And here's my recommendation for the day:

Michel Redolfi: DETOURS
mirage musical records mm303
(I found this at Amoeba Music in Berkeley which is a very good store)

Detours is a sampler of Michel's computer generated ambient music. Do
listen to this if you're into vast and strange sound worlds which will open
up your brain and make your jaw drop. This guy is incredible. If you like
this record, there are some more.

The last piece (Too Much Sky): "A few harp phrases played by Melissa Morgan
in 1981 were digitally 'stretched'; this process was used on the piece in
several studios over the next five years. An alchemical transformation of
the initial arpeggios into an harmonic veil."
Michael Peters
        http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mpeters
HOP - Fractals in Motion ..."the only screen saver you'll ever want"
        http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mpeters/hop.htm
Support the Warr Guitar Defense Fund
        http://home.earthlink.net/~greendog/warrfund.html