Re: Apologies for Spamming, What my setup looks like.

All of the pieces of that setup are important; however, I've seen the
CRATE125D take an average to above average guitar, say an upper-line
Alvarez
or even a $500.00 Yamaha with the pickup across the sound-hole and turn it
into something like what I heard at the G3 tour when Adrian Legg ripped the
strings off his guitar (not-really, but you know what I mean).  On that
amp I
find this setting to be the best.

Vol - whatever
Piezo - Yes
Low- 80%
Mid- 40%
High-50%
effect send-30 to 60% depending on the effect
Chorus depth- 20%
Rate- 20%
Output eq looks like a smile with the lowest point the 1khz at 50%
Bass and Treble are 100%
The effect is Large Plate reverb 1 mixed so that it's pretty high,  For
some
strange reason, people love lots of "tasteful" reverb.  By tasteful, I mean
no
sound-tunneling.

Go to your local guitar shop and try this amp on an average guitar with
these
settings.  You'll walk out of the store with the amp, guaranteed.

P.S.  I'm am not a CRATE person, however, whatever they did to make the
amp,
they did well.  One note on the amp - It has built in bi-amping and at 125
watts,
Screams.  Your acoustic guitar playing will never be the same.

I used to play in Boulder and Longmont Colorado, of which there are some
very
talented guitarists.  One night, I brought my setup to a small bar, set it
up
and allowed some of the locals to play.  Most of us are old hippies playing
stuff like
Crosby, Stills and Nash.  Anyway, these two guys got up and plugged into
the
amp.
They played Suite:Judy Blue Eyes,  everyone's jaw dropped.  You know one of
those spiritual moments.  Afterward, the chief guitar guy came up to me and
said, I haven't heard a guitar sound like that in 20 years.  In
retrospect, I
think he was relating to me the joy he remembered when he first started
playing guitar as a child.  By the way, you can hook up to three guitars
into
the amp or, two guitars and a Mic.  If you sing, you need to change the
output eq for additional presence on the mic.  Great amp.  Forget
Marshall's
or Trace Elliot or Roland acoustic amps, there not in the same league.