new instruments

Patrick tells us:
>Anyhow From Scratch makes there own instruments. Dadson uses PVC pipes.
>They are tuned and mounted in rows, along with other percussive sources.
>He
>has no heads on them. He uses a " paddle" (very similar in appearance to a
>ping pong paddle) to strike the tubes. I'm not sure where you might mount
>your MIDI trigger, but this may be worth investigating.

Do they strike the end of the tubes to create the bass sound of the
vibrating air in the tube?
UAKTI, a very amazing band from Belo Horizonte (Brazil) do that for a long
time. They lead all tubes into a box where they put a microphone - a
beautifull bass instrument: quick, percussive and melodic. They have some
CD distributed in the US or even worldwide. There are many other
instruments they created using glass, water, rubber membranes on flutes,,,
No looping. Straight compositions, fast rhythms, almost classic style,
sometimes.

Matthias