Re: Another one...

>Again still asking. I've seen recently a second hand LXP1 and LXP5 for the
>same price. Doeas anyone could tell me the differences between these two
>babies???
>Olivier Malhomme

The LXP-1 is strictly reverbs and delays. The LXP-5 is a multieffect with a
fixed chain of effects: mono-delay (slightly longer than 1 second, and
loopable) -> pitch shifter (very clean and smooth sounding) -> stereo delay
(1/2 second, no feedback) -> reverb (sounds very warm and smooth, for such
a cheap unit) -> eq. I absolutely love the LXP-5, it's one piece of gear
that I'll never part with. If you can find the MRC controller for it,
programming is much easier, and it makes it a very versatile
live-performance machine.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra