Re: jammidimystery

I had always heard that the jamman wasn't capable of this sort of stereo
hookup, presumably for the reasons you guys are discovering. Does anyone
know if that is true?

BTW, I think it's cool that the "BrotherSync" term is drifting free of the
echoplex and becoming a generalized word. It's a good term, invented by
Matthias. Properly though, it means that none of the machines is a master,
and none a slave. All are Brothers, and any can define the beat. Classic
Matthias....

kim

At 08:24 PM 9/16/97 +0200, Patrick Smith wrote:
>>Has anyone else had problems brothersyncing two jammen via midi?
>>

>I had a similar problem a last week. Having picked up a third jam man, I
>wanted to be able to set up two of them on the same MIDI channel so that,
>at least theoretically, I could capture the stereo effects off of my
>Vortex, and or Filterbank, or my partners Eventide. However when I used
>the
>MIDI out of either jam man I ran into the same situation when triggering
>from a Digitech PMC-10.
>
>The first tap would start the first jam man. The next tap would start the
>second. I did not have a lot of time to explore other options, so I let it
>go any light that Greg or others could shed on this is appreciated.....
>
>Patrick
>

> ***  ***    ** Fingerpaint http://www.his.com/~patrick/FNGP.html  ***  **

Kim Flint                      408-752-9284
Mpact System Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research             http://www.chromatic.com