Re: Plex Pedals????

At 1:33 PM -0500 11/4/97, future perfect wrote:
>While I wait for my Plex to be shipped, I have a few questions....
>
>1. What brand Volume/CC pedals do you use?

I use a Boss FV-50L for the feedback jack on the back. It works well.
Although, something with a linear taper instead of audio might feel a
little better for feedback, but it's not a big deal. It's fine when in
delay or out mode, where that jack controls volumes.

For CC, I use 2 Roland EV-5 pedals into a midi controller pedal, which
generates the continuous controller messages.

>2. How many are needed to get the most out of the unit?
>
>3. What parameters do they control?

The pedal in the back changes functions for different modes.
 In loop mode:          feedback
 In Delay mode:         input volume to the delay
 In Out mode:           output volume from the loop

you can use one midi CC to control Feedback and one to control Loop out
volume. These work the same in any mode. I sort of like this way better,
because I can have different pedal presets that set predefined feedback
levels, or redefine the pedals for other effects. It also lets you control
feedback and loop volume independently, with your feet.

kim