Re: OOPS . . .

>>you guessed it . . .two stripped screws (center bottom, and back
>panel--the
>>latter in particular had been death-toorqued by the assembler)

>This exact thing happened to me ... It has to be one of the most annoying
>things to happen ... the tolerances that the screws were tightened at
>clearly outweigh the strength of the materials involved.  Anyway, two of
>them had to be removed using horrendous means ... good luck

Err... guys, believe it or not it's not that the screws are overtightened.
The problem lies in the fact that the screws are not repeat NOT Phillips.
They are POSIDRIVE of the type used to hold MACs together.  If you can
locate a Posidrive screwdriver you may be able to salvage the screws.
NB this is a misprint for the first 350-ish units.  Subsequent ones
actually _did_ use Phillips screws.

Michael