Re: Hello and RE: DOD FX-98

At 07:41 AM 11/18/97 -0800, you wrote:
>> From: Ken Fletcher <fletk@efn.org>
>
>> 2) I was in a local music store (I live in Eugene) today and asked one
>of
>> the clerks about the DOD FX-98.  He let me play with a DFX-94 while he
>> called his rep, and he found out that a) the rep was surprised anybody
>had
>> heard of the 98 because it was still supposed to be a secret (right!),
>and
>> b) the unit has not started production yet--it won't be on the market
>> until January.  When the music store guy pressed, the rep confirmed that
>> it has an 8-second sampler/delay and that its SRP will be $119.95.  He
>> didn't know about a reverse-sample feature.  I pass this on for whatever
>> it's worth....
>
>What?  This I don't understand.  How many of us have seen the FX-98 in
>Musician's Friend...or was it American Music Supply?  Five?  Ten?  I never
>thought I'd be on the "inside loop" just because I get a mail order
>catalog!!  Why is this bothering me?  I don't know.....
>
>Matt

It would not be the first time that either company had something in their
catalog that was not yet in existence (or many other non-music mail order
palces as well)

They need to anticipate the lag time between catalogs as well as the
vagaries of bulk mail.

Like I posted before, when I talked to DOD before getting my '94, he said "
maybe the end of the year".

Then aganin if AMS said two weeks, I'd order one and see what happens.

Tom
Tom Lambrecht  hideo@concentric.net