RE: Brainwave Synch

There was a small company at NAMM a few years ago demoing a
brainwave-to-midi convertor. I think they also had sensors to input heart
rate, body temperature, skin conductivity, and maybe blood pressure too. It
looked like it might be fun, but rather difficult to create music with.
Shockingly, they failed to take the industry by storm.....

kim

At 08:24 PM 11/21/97 -0500, Bailey, Jim wrote:

>>Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 03:24:22 +0100
>>From: 7302 <7302@ssj.dtu.dk>
>
>>Do you know about "Brainwave Synchronization" ????
>
>About 20+ years ago one of the geek mags (either Popular or Radio
>Electronics) had instructions on how to build an Alpha-wave pickup which
>used a headband and some sort of electronics to pick up certain brainwave
>activities. This was then converted into not only audio, but video
>signals
>which could be displayed on a television set. Can't remember if I
>actually
>bought the mag, or if I just saw it , but it definitely existed. At
>around
>the same time, a guy named David Rosenboom was using a similar device
>(audio
>only) to create electronic music, although I don't think he used it with
>any
>sort of loops.
>
>Jim Bailey

Kim Flint                      408-752-9284
Mpact System Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research             http://www.chromatic.com