Top tens

Ditto on the Steroelab and Spiritualized!

more essential listening as of late:

Tool - ®nima -dark intelligent metal. Truelly an "Album"

Radiohead - OK Computer - obvious choice for album of the year

The Residents - Our Poor, Our Tired, Our Huddled Masses - 4 cd recap
of thier jawdropping carrer.

The Azuza Plane -Tycho Magnetic Anomality - great ambient textures

Deep Purple - Machine Head 25th anniversery 2lp set on Purple vinyl -
the whole album twice, one remastered and one remixed with alternate
solos!
Forgot how brilliant this was

Gus Gus - Iclandic technoish?

Lamb - Beautiful jazzy techno duo

Bill Bruford & Ralph Towner (w/Eddie Gomez) - if Summer Had It's Ghosts
-
Nice jazz. A little stiff, but you can't beat Towners 12 str. playing.

Stphen Micus - The Music Of Stones - ECM record from '89 -huge carved
resonant stones
played with mallets in a cathedral. Must be heard to be believed.

Sylvian/Fripp - Still can't get past this record. Everything King
Crimson should have been

Sorry to jump on a thread late!

Eric