Re: Looper CD update / Offer for rare CDs

Great! Matt in action!

>Well it looks like the current CD project will remain in the hands of Ray
>Peck.  He seemed reluctant to turn over the DATs to me and I don't feel
>like I'm in a position to demand them back.  He gave me no indication as
>when the project will be completed...only that he needs to either a) find
>someone to transfer the DATs to CD-R so he can compile the tracks or b)
>wait for Event Electronics to ship their Layla soundcard so he can do the
>transfer.
>
>I offered to compile the DATs using ProTools and then dump everything to a
>master DAT.  Since I don't have the capability to burn CD-Rs, and given
>the
>fact that Mr. Peck wants to edit the Looper CD, I can't be of any further
>help.

Since its almost a year now, some people might have better material by now
and  send them in as a CD? I made some effort then to do so.
(Now I have my own cheap burner and must say it is very very handy!)

Today (!) I started to sell a limited series of 50CDs, home made, with
"perfect" lable and cover, numbered and signed, of a '95  recording
("Musica AguArianA para pensar-se"). I had a gig at night and sold the
first and the guy did not mind to pay 25$. Should I ask more? (I mean: $
for the CD :-)

After a really ripe slice of pinapple:
I could do that with all my old recordings. They are good and clean, but
never will turn into a ordinary CD (because I am preparing to record the
"real" one).
The mix is done live, so it might not be all that perfect. But all "error"
parts are cut out, usually inaudibly.
There are duos with all kinds of instruments...

Anyone interested? These documents about the developpment of the first
dedicated looping device might have a tremendous value in a few years...
:-)

Matthias