Re: vortex?

At 09:51 AM 12/4/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I'm new to this list and would like to hear from anyone with experience
>with the Lexicon Vortex.  I recently sold my two LXP1s and bought two used
>Alexs to replace them,  but I'm also now considering a Vortex.  I play
>synth, harmonica and vocals to write songs in my home recording setup.
>I've heard it demoed on guitar and it sounds great, but I don't play
>guitar.
>
>Anybody with experience with it on vocals, synth etc.?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Dan

I can't speak professionally being a mere tone drone, but I've been using
my
recently acquired one for vocals(chanting and throat-singng), jaw harp and
didgeridoo and it's the BEE'S KNEES! (hundreds of loopers can't be
wrong)--if ti just had more twirly knobs and less of them' NUMBER settings
that you had to scroll through  (MIDI virgin)

Tom Lambrecht  hideo@concentric.net