Re: Arcane Device

>Mark Kata wrote;
>
>>Is anyone hip to Arcane Device?
>>
>>From what I can ascertain, the band consisted of one person, David Myers.
>>He used a bank of digital delays as sound sources and sound modifiers.
>>
>>I have his CD, Trout, and it is very droney.
>>
>>Apparently he stopped recording a couple of years ago.
>>
>>We're always talking about looping guitar, synth, percussion, etc., but
>no
>>one has every mentioned using a looper as a sound source.  Does anyone
>>know how this can be done?
>>

>O.K. David, that's your cue to "de-lurk"É
>
>We're fortunate enough to have David on this list, and sure he developed
>some interesting insights into "drone performance"É
>
>Mark

I also have Trout, and a few other pieces, and I've always wondered how he
got some of the sounds. So here's another vote for de-lurking...

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra