Re: CD recorders...MD too??

>any thoughts on MD and where it's headed??
>here are a few of mine...humble as i can make 'em...

I've got the Tascam MD 4-track and the Sony 2-track home unit, and I like
them both.  The Sony is great for recording gigs and practices (also has
a mono mode which doubles the recording time to 144minutes--great for
archiving rehearsal jams, since you can later edit out all the bad bits
and insert markers).

Many people seem to have developed a knee-jerk reaction to the presence
of data compression, but I think that a lot of that is people listening
to the spec sheet instead of with their ears.

For the money, I'd say they can't be beat.

Travis Hartnett