Re: New to looping/processing

Rich Lamphear wrote:

> At 10:45 AM 1/20/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >  corret I suppose, if you don't like samplers and sequencers...  cause
> >sampler w/ a fair amount of memory could do everything you need ( i
>believe,
> >barring you're short on equipment).
>
> But I'm not aware of a sampler that allows for real-time overdubbing to
> looped audio while it's playing...is there any such thing (besides
>Echoplex
> and JamMan?)
>
> I'm only interested in what I can generate live in real-time...not
> interested in sequencing anything ahead of the performance.
>
> >your looking for out of this unit...   I would recommend getting a hold
>of a
> >Jam Man w/ full memoery and both footswitches first, there are plenty
>of them
> >around on this list.  If you are fully comfortable w/ the Jam Man, and
>still
> >aren't getting what you want from this box( which is mono- a vortex)
>then
> drop
> >some loot on an echoplex pro.
>
> Thanks for the advice, and I haven't ruled out the JamMan.  It's just
>that
> the prices of JamMen seem to be getting bid into the stratosphere (the
>last
> three for sale at Rogue Music's auction have all gone for over $500).  At
> that price I figure I'll spend a couple more bills and get the added
> functionality and memory of the Echoplex.  Not to mention the nice
>pedalboard.
>
> BTW, NAMM is coming up...any rumors of new loopers on the horizon?  Dare
>we
> ask?
>
> Rich

I understand what it is you're looking to do, and I have known a number of
people
who've used Emu samplers live to great successes...  but they usually
worked for
months ahead of time creating their own samples in a studio environment,
then
blending the pre-prepared samples with live sound.....

        as far as new loopers,   I think I heard somebody say something
about
Lexicon doing something....   It only makes sense, If the JamMan is
discontinued
and currently is gaining value on the used market at an astrnomical rate
why
wouldn't lexicon want to create a "new" technology to counteract Oberheim's
success with the  Echo-complex?   I don't know anything about all that bs,
 this
punk kid is cuttin out.   Nice talking with you.