Introduction and question

Hello Everyone:

I happened on to this list via a jamman link and am so happy to have
found you.  I thought I was a lone loopist in the wilderness but am
pleased to have discoved otherwise.  I play guitar and started looping
with an old Digitech digital delay stompbox using it as a pumped up
metronome.  Later I got a Jamman and began to discover the real world of
looping.  Now I'm just about to take the Jamman out and begin gigging
solo, setting up loops and guitaring ontop.  However, I've got a
question and this seems like the perfect place to ask: I don't know what
kinda of mixer to buy.

Right now I've got just the Jamman but would like to add another looper
and a multieffects unit in the near future.  However I'm really having a
hard time understanding what I need in terms of signal routing. I think
I need at least three prefader effect sends; Can auxillary sends be used
for this?  What the heck is a four bus mixer anyway? Or Alt 3/4?  I
guess I'm pretty technically challenged but really have to figure this
out.  Does anyone care to make a recomendation?  I'll be plugging a
microphone and a couple of guitar signals into the front. It's got to be
small, inexpensive, and suitable for gigging.

Thanks for taking the time to read this overlong query and for any
advice anyone may offer.  Nice meeting everyone.  I'll be around.

GLenn Greenway