RE:Fernandes guy at NAMM

        I think the Fernandes guy is clueless.  I have a catalog from
Fernandes
        that has the sustainer in it.

        Reeves Gabriel  had one put in a Parker Nitefly,  But had Ken
Parker
        give him a body that was not fully milled.  The standard Nitefly
body
        is too thin to hold the sustainer.

        How do these sustainer sound?  I've heard from guys that have
tried
        some and said the pickup sound was not good.   I notice that
        both Fripp and Gabriel don't use the sustainers for sound but
        use a Roland GK-2 pickup into a GR synth or VG-8 to get
        sounds.

        later
        John