Re: Mixer recommendations

>Speaking of mixers, anybody have any experience with Samson? They have a
>couple of reasonably priced stereo powered mixers. Any idea how they
>sound?

I've had some experience with Samson in small club type reinforcment.
Their stuff isn't anything to write home about IMHO.  The couple I've seen
tended to be rather noisy, and fairly cheesy.  Pots got scratchy in no time
in the smokey bar environment, the eq points didn't make a whole lot of
musical sense to me, and the preamps were only fair.  Then again, we were
just pluging in SM57s and 58s and a couple of 421s, so it's not like we had
unbelivebly clean sources.  I don't suppose the speakers really helped
either.  Can't remember what these were, but they, and the amp and the
mixer made for a sound that was stuffy and rather nasal despite some fairly
heavy-handed EQ.

Using this mixer with line level equipment might produce far different
results.

Take care,

Doug T.