Pivotal loop moments, or, when did you realize your compulsive need to aquire toys had reached dangerous levels?

Anybody want to share a few moments that made them realize that they had
no alternative other than to become a loopster?  Or shining moments?

I can't figure out when I started.  I can say that I had the realization
that I was a loopster when I was reading a description of this
newfangled product called the JamMan.  Reading that ad made me think,
haven't I been doing sort of a halfassed version of this for a while
now, and realized I had better go for at least another quarter of an
ass.  I put off the purchase of this box for a very long time, untill I
struck up a conversation with a young lad who had an echoplex, and said
he'd heard about some wacky mailing list...

Somewhere after the beginning and before the end of the aforementioned
saga, I remember seeing Yo La Tengo, and watching Ira Kaplan split his
signal with an ABY box, sending a loop of an Emaj chord into a battered
Fender Deluxe, with the tremelo set on stun, and noodling over it using
another amp.  That moment, as much as anything, cemented my resolve to
get one of those there boxes.

Trevor