Modern composers and "techno" artists

Andre LaFosse wrote:
>I actually saw a very amusing article in a mag a few months ago (I think
>it was _Option_) in which a reporter played Phillip Glass a number of
>CDs by the likes of Orbital, Underworld, Mu-Ziq, and others to gauge his
>reaction.  Some funny stuff in there...

Also, at http://www.jimstonebraker.com/ksadvice.html there is an interview
with Karlheinz Stockhausen, were he is introduced and gives his opinion to
the music of Aphex Twin, Plastikman, Scanner and Daniel Pemberton.
Somewhere in the interview Stockhausen describes the technique of looping
as being "too old fashioned", and Daniel Pemberton gets a little embarraced
about it and blames his use of it on lack of equipment...Interesting
reading, although it may not be politically correct as far as this list
goes. Have yet to see a post discussing the limitations of looping. Anyway,
read and enjoy. Later,

Erik Ljones (Norway)